Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ridgecrest to Lone Pine

I am sore. So so so so sore. I guess I should have anticipated this since I don't swing sledgehammers all that often...and when I do it's not for 8 hrs at a time...but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

I rode with Justine, Steph, Ben and Jay, and we started the morning off right with a coffee stop at McD's. Then we set off on our ride. Besides Ben getting a flat and then later needing to take the Captain's wheel we had a very uneventful morning. The conversation was good and flowing and we stopped once more before lunch to get ice. There was a moderate amount of climbing but nothing big enough for me to use bad words. We made a few more stops but managed to make it to the host before 2. Tonight we're "camping" at an RV park, so we have showers, wifi and a pool. Dinner an breakfast are both provided so essentially the only reason we're calling it camping is because we'll be using tents.

We only have 7 ride days left this summer, it hasn't hit me yet how quickly this is all ending and I don't want it to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment