Saturday, July 21, 2012

Boulder City and over the hump to Pahrump

We were told there was a famous saying "Over the hump to Pahrump". So we were nervous about today. Arden, David and I rode together and took it pretty easy. The first 20 miles were full of lots of turns and a few stops to run errands. There was a huge "hump" we knew was coming after lunch...so it seemed logical to fill up on cinnamon buns, doritos, and garlic bread. Uhhh what was I thinking!? The hump was more than 9 miles long, and at one point I almost fell over because the wind was so strong and I was going so slow. We made it over and things got easier. After a dinner of awesome sandwiches and salad an homemade chips we split up into different home stays. Marta, David, Arden and I are at a hotel nearby because there weren't enough beds at homes for us. But no worries. We'll soon all be headed to bed!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I won't be seeing you on a box of Wheaties anytime soon, that didn't sound like a breakfast or snack of champions! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you on the cinnamon buns and doritos, but you lost me with the garlic bread !

    ReplyDelete