Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kaibeto to Page

Today was the shortest of rides. Only 36 miles & we lost 1700 ft of elevation. It's safe to say I barely pedaled. Our day was so short that lunch was had at the host rather than on the road. The scenery was awesome. Originally I had planned to ride with David, Marcus and Nate. However, after Marcus took forever to change a flat he knew he had last night he almost intently got another. So David and I ditched and headed out on our own.

Gravity is always on my side going downhill and is unfortunately never on David's. So I spent a lot of the day standing up on my bike trying to be less aerodynamic to let David catch up. It only sort of worked.

We made quick time to Page and decided to take showers and head to a placed called Slackers that the priest in Kaibeto had recommended. It did not disappoint. I had a pastrami cheeseburger and we were able to watch the Tour de France on one of their big screens.

Tomorrow we head to Jacob Lake and then Thursday we will be in the Grad Canyon for 2 days. It'll be awesome. But we'll also be pretty isolated and I would guess we won't hit too many wifi hot spots. So...until next time...keep it real. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment