Saturday, July 21, 2012

Overton to Boulder City

I'll keep this short and sweet so I can get to bed. Yesterday Alicia and I were sweep. It was only a 70ish mile day but despite us leaving at 615 am we didn't get in until after 3. It was blazing hot. And I think my insides got a little fried. We did lots of climbing which neither my head nor legs were prepared for...but we biked along Lake Mead almost all day. The last 3 miles took us over an hour to bike and there were points where I wasn't sure we would make it. But we did. An it was worth it. Grace Community Church provided us with so much fresh fruit and an amazing dinner, and so far the beat breakfast we have had this trip. Sooooo good. And we made a short trip to see the Hoover Dam as well.

2 comments:

  1. My legs ache for you, so happy you were refueled the way you were. No breeze off the lake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My legs ache for you, so happy you were refueled the way you were. No breeze off the lake?

    ReplyDelete