Monday, July 30, 2012

Bishop to Lee Vining

Today was the day before the fabled Tioga Pass. I rode with Holly, Nate, Kristina, Marcus and Arden. We split around mile 11 when half of us stopped for an impromptu dance party just before a 10 mile climb. The hill was so large it had a sign advising cars to turn off their AC to avoid overheating. We took a nice long break at the summit and regrouped.

We had not been told that the day would be full of climbing and so we were not predicting to climb to well over 8000 ft. We had a nice decent into town, but unfortunately I had a slow leak in my back tire so my speed did not exceed 46.

We stopped at a Mobile gas station with a famous deli inside where we all had a much needed sandwich. It was delicious.

We got to participate in a fashion show to raise money for the city's outdoor education program. We wore some pretty crazy stuff and had a good time Bike and Build style. Some pretty nutty pictures got posted on FB and I got to work on my model walk. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment