Thursday, June 21, 2012

Decatur to Witchita Falls

Today was supposed to be a 76 mile day. But, as I've learned, things are never as they seem...especially not cue sheet mileage. By the time we arrived at the YMCA at which we are staying my odometer was about to hit 85. Along the way we stopped for not 1 or 2 flats...but 6. All o my front tire. After the 6th Tova let me take her wheel since she was driving the van. So, tonight at the local bike shop I bought a new tire and hopefully that will fix my problem. My trip total is now at 16 which I do believe puts me in 1st place. Not that it's an award I'm trying to win. Dinner was at an awesome taco place called the Fuzzy Taco and we got a chance to talk with some of the Habitat coordinators from the local chapter. We got caught in a serious Texas storm and pulled off under the awning of a trophy shop, we found out they made all the medals for a race known as HotterN' Hell, the nations largest 1 day century ride. It's held in august so the temperatures always exceed 100 degrees. I got a chance to see the 2012 design and talk with the owner which was pretty neat.

Tomorrow we head to Oklahoma, my second new state of the trip.

Also, today was mail drop...seriously...to everyone that sent me something, thank you so much. It really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know about all the people who love and care about me. The next mail drop address is posted in the mail drops tab and I would love to hear from any and all of you reading this. It's really great to come in from such a taxing day, with 6 flats and have mail to read/open. I'm learning more and more everyday how much the little things matter. Real towels, a meaningful conversation, a real bathroom, an wifi. I am so much more appreciative of everything and everyone I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment