Monday, June 4, 2012

Biloxi to New Orleans

Today's ride was pretty great. Kristina, Arden and I set out first and kept a pretty speedy pace all morning. There was no wind which was an awesome change of paste. We were on the same road for most of the day. Nate found us an awesome lunch spot with shade and picnic benches and we had a real lunch without a hint of pb or j due to our leftovers from Biloxi. We left lunch pretty quickly and continued to crush it into NoLa knowing my parents would be waiting for us when we got there. We chanted "puppy chow" to get us up the hills and bridges, which are always hills. We made our entrance almost flawlessly with only one minor bump into a HUGE pot hole. We made it to the church just before 3 after our 83 mile day and my parents rolled in shortly after with loads of delicious snacks.

I was able to go to their hotel room and take a shower knowing that no one was in line behind me, and the feeling was sensational. We got to go out to a nice dinner in the French Quarter as well and then I headed out to meet the Bike and Build gang on Bourbon St.

Today was our first build day, but more to come on that later. But we were able to accomplish a lot and I can't wait to head back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment