Friday, June 29, 2012

Dalhart, TX to Clayton, NM

Today was a super short ride. Only 46 miles. David, Arden and I made it to lunch before 10 am and into town before 12. In the meantime we saw some awesome scenery and crossed into our 7th state of the trip. We also entered MST. So we are now two hours behind EST.

Since we got into town so early we took some time to explore. We climbed a dinosaur, visited a 100 yr old saloon, a few local shops and even the local museum. We had an interesting communal shower situation and another interesting time trying to figure out how to make dinner since we apparently left all of our pots and pans at a host a few stops back. Seems to be a trend as of late. First our silverware, now our pots and pans. Dinner crew DM'd an eclectic array of items that were able to leave us full and satisfied.

Last night we stayed at the same host as SC2SC and honestly, riding out this morning I have never been so happy that these 26 other people are my teammates. They really lifted my spirits when I needed it yesterday and made me appreciate our team dynamic.

Tomorrow, in 7 miles, we will gain 1000+ ft of elevation. As usual, it is predicted to be hot. But the scenery and the people are so worth it. And I truly am BIKING across the county, and I'm so excited I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment