Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Alexandria to Natchitoches

Today was pretty rough. The morning started off well when we had biscuits for breakfast but went downhill when I got a flat before we even left the host. I changed it all myself and pretty quickly but by mile 16 I had another flat and another by mile 24. When I left lunch I had my fourth flat and 5 miles after that I had my fifth. By that time we decided it was time to change my tire and after that it was smooth sailing. I was in a pretty foul mood but I was cheered up when we stopped to help Emily finish a birthday scavenger hunt. She needed to honk the horn of an 18 wheeler which we accomplished and we all got a chance to honk the horn as well. It was pretty cool. I wasn't feeling well when I got to the host but once I cooled off and had a shower I felt much better.

1 comment:

  1. You take care out there - make sure you are hydrated. Glad you got to honk the horn - I got to ride in one once when I was student teaching - cause dummy me ran out of gas, they gave me a lift to the gas station.

    ReplyDelete