Sunday, June 24, 2012

Altus, OK to Memphis, TX

Today was an awesome day. And truly I think today 100% captured the essence of B&B. We had a 72 mile day today but the high was forecasted to be 106 degrees and since it was a Sunday we had to be out of the church by 7 am. But it was a blessing in disguise. Arden, David and I made it to lunch before 930 and quickly headed back out. The scenery was gorgeous and there was not a cloud to be seen all day. The winds were decently strong and the hills the last 10 miles were killer...but I was in too good a mood to let that keep a smile off my face. Dinner was a smattering of casseroles and some awesome cake. To try and beat the heat wake up is at 430 am. Like back in my college rowing days.

Honestly...today is hard to write about. I had an amazing time and I feel like today was a perfect example of why there is nowhere else I would rather be this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment