Monday, April 23, 2012

Like a Boss

WHOOOOOOOO!!! I have officially hit my $4,500 fundraising goal! This is a huge weight off my shoulders, especially with finals officially starting Wednesday, but unofficially I have 2 tomorrow as well. Now I can focus on graduating, riding my bike, running my half marathon, moving out of my house, packing my life for the summer into 4,500 cubic cm (4,500 seems to be the magic number, doesn't it?) & buying all the rest of my gear.

Side note...if anyone wants to help with gear donations it would be much appreciated. Who knew you could possibly need so much gear to bike across the country? The thought certainly didn't run through my head.

Seriously, words do little to convey how exciting a moment this is. I really couldn't have done any of it though without my parents, my other slightly more extended family, and friends, acquaintances and people I've never even met. I'm truly excited about the thought of biking for affordable housing, but I'm even more excited that people are excited that I get to do it. Though most toss in a comment about how crazy I am.

So, since finals are starting...look for more blog posts & pictures as I come up with new and inventive ways to procrastinate studying...I already seem to be doing a pretty good job. & since you're already here & reading, how about another city?

Kaibito, AZ
  • 99.19% of the population is Native American, with a population of approximately 1,600.
  • Again, a very young population with 49.3% under the age of 18 & only 3.3% over age 65.
  • & since a picture is worth 1,000 words, we'll keep this short.

1 comment: