Friday, April 6, 2012

A day full of B&B goodness

Today was a day chock full of B&B things. Started out my day bright and early with some sweat equity hours at the Cincinnati Habitat Re-Store. For those of you who don't know what the Re-Store is...it is essentially a secondhand store that carries everything from appliances, furniture, windows, doors, carpeting, flooring. Think of it as a secondhand Lowe's of sorts + furniture. Everything is donated and all of the profits go to fund Habitat houses. It was neat to see how everything worked and had a chance to help clean up and sort some donations. I was pretty busy though & running short on time after I finished up my shift so there are no Re-Store pictures. : /





After lunch it was time for a ride. I headed over to what's known as Lunken Airfield Park (or something like that). Lunken Airport is a small local airport (in Cincinnati) where many of the planes are owned and piloted by individuals. I got to see a few planes taking off, and managed to not snag any pictures which included planes. It was SUPER windy. A constant cross/headwind kept me from doing the 30 miles I originally planned. Instead I banked 20 & called it a day. Better than nothing & I used it as an opportunity to play around with shifting gears and keeping a higher cadence than I am used to. Not sure if I like it or not, but we'll give it another shot.
RV parked across from the trailhead.

Came home to a surprise homemade chocolate cream pie & had a delicious dinner.

My brother makes it home from school tomorrow night & our plan is to hit the Loveland Bike Trail bright & early on Saturday, for what I hope might be a 50+ mile ride! :)

While the original plan was to spend two mornings volunteering at the Habitat Re-Store, unfortunately they are closed tomorrow for Good Friday. So, my sweat equity hours have been cut short, but I hope when I get back to Pittsburgh I'll be able to get on a build site or two.
  
20 miles today + 119 miles completed = 139 miles / 500, 361 left to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment