Sunday, April 8, 2012

Are we there yet!?

Headed out bright and early this morning for a longish ride on the Loveland Bike Trail with my brother. Thankfully I had packed up some clothes I don't wear much to bring home over break so moving out after graduation will be a bit easier. It was way colder than anticipated, barely above freezing, but even in all my layers it was still a cold morning. The trail is heavily shaded so it was still sort of dark when we got riding. Unfortunately Will was riding an old mountain bike, which did not make for optimal riding conditions, so it was slow going.

I was much more efficient than him with each pedal stroke which made for a slightly frustrating ride for both of us. We rode what we thought was 15 miles or so & took a snack break, then another 5 to make 20 because we were short on time. We headed back towards the car, which we thought was 20 miles away. However, as we got closer we realized that we missed a few mile markers at the beginning of our journey. We had actually ridden 23 miles before turning around. So the last few miles were a bit defeating, as we kept realizing we weren't quite there yet.


Since we were riding a bit slower I rode with camera in hand and stopped for a few photo opportunities. I have way more pictures from riding then I could ever include on here, so I suppose it's time for a FB album with all of them. :) Since I'm sure everyone is interested in seeing them all. Haha.



46 miles today + 154 miles completed = 200 miles / 500, 300 left to ride.

 One final brother-sister picture to finish out the ride. I would say its a fair guess that Will will definitely regret his decision to join me for a ride when he wakes up in the morning. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment