Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shakedown ride & orientation day 2

After learning all sorts of important Bike & Build information yesterday we finally got to put to use this morning. We woke up @ 6 am and packed up all our gear to simulate what a typical morning might be like. We did a short obstacle course and headed for a quick 15 mile ride to get the hang of riding together. It's a great comfort to know I have 26 other riders watching out for my safety. And 26 pairs of eyes that may be able to see something I don't. It poured for about half of the ride...but there is no such thing as bad weather only bad choice of clothing. Tonight held some free bowling that we donation magiced ( a term used for when we give our B&B speech and ask for free product or services in order to it down on costs incurred) and some delicious donated ribs for dinner. Yum. Tomorrow will be our first build day and Saturday we will have a wheel dip ceremony and head to our first city, st. Augustine. Everyone has been so nice. Riders and people we had encountered willing to host us and feed us.

Also...check out the mail drop page. Our first mail drop is coming up on the 24th and I don't want to be that left out kid that doesn't get any mail. :/ letters, and care packages are all encouraged. It's close to lights out as we have to be up at 6 tomorrow but I'll leave you with a picture of my sleeping setup. Thermarest sleeping bag and camping pillow which I don't believe has enough padding to qualify as a pillow.

Also. Please remember I'll be blogging all summer from my I-pod so I'll likely be prone to typos. but ill do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment