Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pensacola to Mobile

Today was our first "century" ride. I put that in quotes because by the end of the day my odometer only read 96.5. By mile 16 I had a flat tire and just before a long hilly bridge at mile 21 several motorists told us we had a rider that had been hit. Thankfully, while a rider had gone off the road she had not been injured. Trent and I got back on the toad as soon as possible because in order to avoid interstates our cue sheet involved taking a ferry. The time we were told we had to make the ferry by was 1230. Trent and I booked it to lunch around mile 45. I grabbed half a hot dog bum with some Nutella and peanut butter, filled my cambak with water and Trent and I set out to make the ferry. Marcus and crew passed by and he said "All aboard the pain train for the 1230 ferry." so Trent and I jumped on behind and pace lined our way in. After my small lunch I definitely wasn't feeling my best when we made it to the ferry. After finding some fellow Kentuckians and chatting them up I got myself a snack and some chill time. The ferry ride ended sooner than expected and I was starved and a bit of a diva. We stopped at a local restaurant, and although the service was super slow it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. After booking it so hard for so long I wasn't feeling the best. But it was getting late so we kept trucking after a stop to refill our water. After some serious hills we made it into the church around 6. I wasn't feeling the best but I was glad to have made it and to have crossed my first state line.

Also, don't forget the next mail drop is Thursday the 7th. The address is:
Bike an Build
General delivery
Attn: Jessie Modrall
701 Loyola ave.
New Orleans, LA 70113
Hold for pick up on 6/7

No comments:

Post a Comment