Monday, December 26, 2011

$1000 & training

Looking forward to the start of the new year I am putting together a training plan; to train for both Bike & Build & the Pittsburgh Half Marathon which I will be running May 6th. I really would have liked to try my hand at the marathon again this year, but I realized 500 training miles for B&B (including one 65+ mile ride (as required by B&B)) & training for a whole marathon might be a bit too much. Especially considering long runs of 20+ miles can take over 3 hours. Add that to an internship, a job & 15 credit hours & it all seems like a bit much. Before I can really devise a B&B training program I need to work on completing my 1st $1000 of fundraising, the point at which I will be eligible to order my bike!!! I'm close to halfway, & I have decided to match the next 5 donations made. Affordable housing is a cause I believe in, and one that I'm willing to dedicate more than just miles to.


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas & is gearing up for a great start into 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment